Mr. Schweitzer is an experienced adoption attorney and has provided representation in unusual circumstances, such as “three-parent adoptions”, adoptions by transgendered persons and adoptions by unmarried couples. His experience also includes: drafting, modifying and enforcing agreements that pertain to post adoption contact, visitation and communication.
- Representing foster parents whose expectation to adopt their foster is being thwarted by the agency.
- Representing foster parents who have been denied an adoption subsidy, who wish to increase the subsidy or challenge an agency effort to reduce the subsidy.
- Crafting alternatives to adoption such as a guardianship or custody.
- Representation involving equitable adoption.
- Changing the birthdate of an adopted child.
- Representing adopters who need to disrupt their adoption and find another home for the child.