Mr. Schweitzer is an experienced adoption attorney and has provided representation in unusual circumstances, such as “three-parent adoptions”, adoptions by transgendered persons and adoptions by unmarried couples. His experience also includes: drafting, modifying and enforcing agreements that pertain to post adoption contact, visitation and communication.
• Representing foster parents whose expectation to adopt their foster is being thwarted by the agency
• Representing foster parents who have been denied an adoption subsidy, who wish to increase the subsidy or challenge an agency effort to reduce the subsidy
• Crafting alternatives to adoption such as a guardianship or custody
• Representation involving equitable adoption
• Changing the birthdate of an adopted child
• Representing adopters who need to disrupt their adoption and find another home for the child